Driven by Innovation
Founded in 1989, the Stanford Solar Car Project is an entirely student-run, non-profit organization fueled by its members’ passion for environmentally sustainable technology. We provide a unique opportunity for Stanford students to gain valuable hands-on engineering and business experience while raising community awareness of clean energy vehicles. Every two years, the team designs, builds and races a solar car across the Australian Outback in the Bridgestone World Solar Challenge.
In 2013, our team finished 4th overall and we were North America's No. 1 team. In 2015, we cut our time behind the leading team in half and are more competitive than ever going into the next race.
- Thanks to Cathay Pacific! January 31, 2016
- New Cycle, New Leadership January 20, 2016
- Welcome to our new Friends sponsor AutoNation! December 7, 2015
- Bridgestone World Solar Challenge Recap October 25, 2015
- World Solar Challenge: Day Five October 23, 2015
- World Solar Challenge Day in the Life October 21, 2015
- World Solar Challenge: Day Four October 21, 2015
- World Solar Challenge: Day Three October 20, 2015